TWB - 101 Steps to Better Wellbeing
All the strategies and techniques you will ever need.
If you were to put all 101 practical tips of this enlightened course together, you could possibly title the resulting publication ‘The Handbook for Life’ – for better teacher wellbeing, good health and superior happiness.
Just some of the 101 bases we cover include:
- Make Exercise Enjoyable
- Find Time for Purposeful Pause
- Say Yes to Less
- Do Something You Love Everyday
- Practise Gratitude
- Embrace Music for Wellbeing
- Simplify Your Digital Life
- Improve Your Focus
- Manage Frustrations with Others
- Strive for Contentment
- Mindful Walking
- Know Your Stress Limits
- Postcard Promises
- Find Your Inner Cheerleader
- Learn to respond, Not React
- Accept that You Can’t Do Everything
- Listen to Your Body
- Live Kindfully & Mindfully
- The 3 Cs of Resilience
- Life as Conscious Practice
Positive wellbeing, or ‘being well’, is consequent to the myriad of positive actions that we take on a daily basis as we go about our normal routines, at home, at school and out & about; living our lives as conscious practice.
To provide you with the most relevant content possible in this course, CPD College specifically commissioned Sheila O'Malley to write and present a video series on wellbeing for primary school teachers. These informative and educational clips are dispersed throughout the course.
Sheila is one of the country's most renowned experts on wellbeing for professionals, she has recently delivered seminars on the subject in numerous large corporations and Government departments.
Here is the introduction video from Sheila, there are 20 videos in the series, which are a key part of the course.
In addition to the myriad of tips, practices and strategies to support personal wellbeing, we take a detailed look at what one leading edge school is doing to support better wellbeing for teachers and students alike. This school provides a great blueprint for all others to follow.
Teaching Well by Lisa Bush - How healthy, empowered teachers lead to thriving, successful classrooms
How can teachers balance the needs of busy overwhelming classrooms with the needs of their own health and well-being? This remarkable book shows you how embracing a healthy lifestyle is not only beneficial for teachers, but for students, classrooms, and schools, too. It suggests that teachers can reduce the amount of time they work outside the classroom and still be a motivated and engaged teacher. Promoting a healthy work–life balance for teachers, the book explores how to avoid burnout while still creating an effective learning community in your classroom. The conversational tone of the book, along with a wealth of anecdotal examples, will make this highly readable resource an invaluable guide for every teacher.
With the video series from Sheila, the various additional detailed strategies and tips plus the school case study, you have all your wellbeing requirements covered in this course.
Are you ready to take possession of the keys to better wellbeing, opening the doors to fresh perspectives and ways of living ‘well’?
The online format of this course enables you to study at a time and place that best suits your own needs.
You can access your course from July 1st until August 20th.
Within this highly interactive web based course, a dynamic learning experience awaits, where you can interact with your fellow course participants through the in-course chat forums and communication tools provided by the CPD College learning system.
Our friendly and knowledgeable tutors actively support each course, providing expert interaction, guidance and feedback for all participants on chat questions and assignments which call for critical reflection, self-analysis and a reasoned response.
On successful completion of your course, you can download and print off your CPD record and certificate of completion.
We look forward to welcoming you to your course.
The aims of this e-learning course are:
- To introduce teachers to the researched, evidence based keys to better wellbeing, drawing on UNESCO SDG Goal 3 – ‘Good Health & Wellbeing for All’.
- To have teachers evaluate their own wellbeing and create a personal wellbeing plan
- To equip teachers with the practical steps and common sense changes they can introduce to their daily schedules & routines at home and at work
- To deliver 101 inspiring stepping stones to cultivate and grow better wellbeing for you
- To encourage teachers to use their own growth journey to guide them in better supporting children to achieve healthy levels of wellbeing and good physical health
- To showcase the activities of schools leading the way in the delivery of better wellbeing for staff and students
- To prepare teachers to meaningfully contribute towards the development and implementation of appropriate approaches and supports to promote the wellbeing of the children in their school
- To provide teachers with a full and complete understanding of the four key areas of wellbeing promotion (from the DES Wellbeing in Education Framework for Practice), in schools namely; Culture and Environment, Curriculum (Teaching and Learning),Relationships and Partnerships, Policy and planning.
- For teachers to know what constitutes effective practice in each of these four key areas as detailed in the Wellbeing in Education Framework for Practice and the Quality Framework for Primary Schools.
|01 - Understanding wellbeing & taking the first steps: Assess your own wellbeing and create a practical plan to drive improvements. How can you take better care of yourself?|
|02 - Culture and environment: Developing a positive mindset within your existing environment. Building strengths to cope with stress and difficult situations.|
|03 - Teaching and learning: Steps, initiatives and activities that will improve teaching and learning to promote better wellbeing.|
|04 - Happiness and relationships: Achieving contentment. Interacting and connecting with people in a positive and rewarding way.|
|05 - Compassion & kindness in work and life: The power of empathy and altruism in developing resilience and inner strength. Getting a better work/life balance.|
“Once again, CPD College has produced a superb course. I have gained so much from this course on both a personal and professional level that I would actually suggest that it should be compulsory viewing for every teacher in the country." - Jennifer, 2020