MBTF - 101 Maths boosters for Third & Fourth class
The ideas & activities, principles & practices that count.
After months of work, the third & fourth class team of contributors have researched, trawled and assembled what they consider 101 ideas, activities and ways of working that will boost mathematics teaching and learning in third & fourth class.
From focusing on pedagogy, principles and practices, to participation in maths week and maths trails; from implementing the CPA approach to utilising the rich collection of virtual interactive maths manipulatives that have been assembled for you to take away; we have all bases and strands covered in this comprehensive treatment and showcase.
The online format of this course enables you to study at a time and place that best suits your own needs.
You can access your course from July 4th to August 19th 2022.
Within this highly interactive web based course, a dynamic learning experience awaits, where you can interact with your fellow course participants through the in-course chat forums and communication tools provided by the CPD College learning system.
Our friendly and knowledgeable tutors actively support each course, providing expert interaction, guidance and feedback for all participants on chat questions and assignments which call for critical reflection, self-analysis and a reasoned response.
On successful completion of your course, you can download and print off your CPD record and certificate of completion.
We look forward to welcoming you to your course.
The aims of this e-learning course are:
- To improve teacher understanding, skill and ability to teach maths effectively
- To verse teachers in the recommended approaches, methodologies and best practices for developing pupil mathematical skills
- To detail the elements that combine in effective mathematics teaching in each of the strands
- To explore and create Maths lessons that are based on strong ‘Assessment for Learning’ principles
- To have teachers consider and reflect on a range of evidence based attributes, skills & high yield practices for maths
- To equip teachers with a suite of assessment approaches
- To showcase how ICT can help in mathematics teaching and learning
- To review research/literature/writings in maths to extrapolate good practice points
- To look at one’s own ‘Teacher Practice’ as part of the SSE process
|01 - Effective practices and strategies: Rich maths tasks and activities that deliver for class level curriculum learning outcomes|
|02 - Number and number sense: The best activities and practices|
|03 - Measures: What really works|
|04 - Shape and space: The key approaches|
|05 - Data, algebra and assessment: Successful and effective methods|
“I really enjoyed the sharing of best practice ideas by other course participants. I will be returning to my classroom with great practical ideas. There were so many excellent Maths booster ideas provided on the course. Well done!" Sheila, 2020