TWB - 101 Steps to Better Wellbeing
All the strategies and techniques you will ever need.
If you were to put all 101 practical tips of this enlightened course together, you could possibly title the resulting publication ‘The Handbook for Life’ – for better teacher wellbeing, good health and superior happiness.
Just some of the 101 bases we cover include:
- Make Exercise Enjoyable
- Find Time for Purposeful Pause
- Say Yes to Less
- Do Something You Love Everyday
- Practise Gratitude
- Embrace Music for Wellbeing
- Simplify Your Digital Life
- Improve Your Focus
- Manage Frustrations with Others
- Strive for Contentment
- Mindful Walking
- Know Your Stress Limits
- Postcard Promises
- Find Your Inner Cheerleader
- Learn to respond, Not React
- Accept that You Can’t Do Everything
- Listen to Your Body
- Live Kindfully & Mindfully
- The 3 Cs of Resilience
- Life as Conscious Practice
Positive wellbeing, or ‘being well’, is consequent to the myriad of positive actions that we take on a daily basis as we go about our normal routines, at home, at school and out & about; living our lives as conscious practice.
To provide you with the most relevant content possible in this course, CPD College specifically commissioned Sheila O'Malley to write and present a video series on wellbeing for primary school teachers. These informative and educational clips are dispersed throughout the course.
Sheila is one of the country's most renowned experts on wellbeing for professionals, she has recently delivered seminars on the subject in numerous large corporations and Government departments.
Here is the introduction video from Sheila, there are 20 videos in the series, which are a key part of the course.
In addition to the myriad of tips, practices and strategies to support personal wellbeing, we take a detailed look at what one leading edge school is doing to support better wellbeing for teachers and students alike. This school provides a great blueprint for all others to follow.
With the video series from Sheila, the various additional detailed strategies and tips plus the school case study, you have all your wellbeing requirements covered in this course.
Are you ready to take possession of the keys to better wellbeing, opening the doors to fresh perspectives and ways of living ‘well’?
The online format of this course enables you to study at a time and place that best suits your own needs.
You can access your course anytime until February 28th 2022.
Within this highly interactive web based course, a dynamic learning experience awaits, where you can interact with your fellow course participants through the in-course chat forums and communication tools provided by the CPD College learning system.
Our friendly and knowledgeable tutors actively support each course, providing expert interaction, guidance and feedback for all participants on chat questions and assignments which call for critical reflection, self-analysis and a reasoned response.
On successful completion of your course, you can download and print off your CPD record and certificate of completion.
We look forward to welcoming you to your course.
The aims of this e-learning course are:
- To introduce teachers to the researched, evidence based keys to better wellbeing, drawing on UNESCO SDG Goal 3 – ‘Good Health & Wellbeing for All’.
- To have teachers evaluate their own wellbeing and create a personal wellbeing plan
- To equip teachers with the practical steps and common sense changes they can introduce to their daily schedules & routines at home and at work
- To deliver 101 inspiring stepping stones to cultivate and grow better wellbeing for you
- To encourage teachers to use their own growth journey to guide them in better supporting children to achieve healthy levels of wellbeing and good physical health
- To showcase the activities of schools leading the way in the delivery of better wellbeing for staff and students
- To look at one’s own ‘Teacher Practice’ as part of the SSE process
|01 - Understanding wellbeing & taking the first steps: Assess your own wellbeing & create a practical plan to drive improvements. How can you take better care of yourself?|
|02 - Positive psychology & flourishing: Developing a positive mindset. Building strengths to cope with stress and difficult situations.|
|03 - Happiness & relationships: Achieving contentment. Interacting and connecting with people in a positive and rewarding way.|
|04 - Mindfulness as a key to wellbeing: Cultivate and develop your own rejuvenating mindfulness practices.|
|05 - Compassion & kindness in work and life: The power of empathy and altruism in developing resilience and inner strength. Getting a better work/life balance.|
“I would like to thank everybody who has been involved in the facilitation of this course, it has, as always been superb. Very professionally run, superb resources and articles, as well as being easy to use. I do not look anywhere else when looking for a summer course because I know i will find exactly what I need with CPD College." - Rachael, 2020