TP - Teacher Planning
Crafting effective long andshort term plans.
Teacher Planning – simple really! This course equips each teacher with the insights & vision to craft the most effective yearly & fortnightly schemes. Know the ingredients of the most successful plans!
This self-paced online course provides a real opportunity to teachers to reflect on the quality of current planning and to improve each element in light of course content. We focus on the detailed knowledge, understanding and skills necessary to produce effective schemes of work and term / lesson plans that support learning and the achievement of planned for learning outcomes. We look in great detail at each of the elements in turn, taking teachers inside topics to assess, reflect and assimilate the learning & ideas into their own planning. Teachers can reflect on the quality of their own planning in light of the course content.
The online format of this course enables you to study at a time and place that best suits your own needs.
You can access your course anytime until February 28th 2019.
Within this highly interactive web based course, a dynamic learning experience awaits, where you can interact with your fellow course participants through the in-course chat forums and communication tools provided by the CPD College learning system.
Our friendly and knowledgeable tutors actively support each course, providing expert interaction, guidance and feedback for all participants on chat questions and assignments which call for critical reflection, self-analysis and a reasoned response.
On successful completion of your course, you can download and print off your CPD record and certificate of completion.
We look forward to welcoming you to your course.
This course aims to:
- Equip teachers with the knowledge, understandings, skills, techniques and insights to craft effective long and short term plans and lesson plans.
- Detail the assessment for learning lesson plan approach to daily lesson delivery.
- Explore teacher questioning techniques and furnish good practice points.
- Explain the writing of objectives and clear learning outcomes.
- Supply a range of classroom teaching approaches & methodologies that teachers should employ as befitting the lesson.
- Provide a clear working model for differentiation.
- Explore important understandings such as learning styles, thinking skills, teacher classroom management, pupil learning logs etc. – i.e. elements that teachers should & must take account of when planning.
- Itemise some digital tools that can facilitate planning, classroom management & teaching and learning.
- Investigate, review and score one’s own ‘Teacher Practice in Literacy’ as part of the SSE process.
|01 - The main focus of this module is the parameters of a long-term plan. Assessment for learning is put under the microscope for consideration and reflection.|
|02 - This module focuses on the parameters of a short-term plan. We also explore teachers' questioning techniques in detail.|
|03 - The theme of this module is understanding & writing strong behavioural objectives, with differentiation going under the teachers' reflective microscope.|
|04 - This module focuses on various classroom teaching approaches & methodologies that teachers should employ as befitting the lesson.|
|05 - This module looks at important understandings such as learning styles, thinking skills, teacher classroom management, pupil learning logs etc. – i.e. elements that teachers should & must take account of when planning.|
"The course has demystified the topic of planning and been a timely reminder that it is not as awful as I had imagined a few days ago! What I was looking for when I signed up for this course was guidelines for making my weekly schemes, yearly schemes and lesson plans. I have come away not only with this information, but with much more. Thanks again for the refresher and all the new insights." - Louise, 2018